Perform the following steps:
- From the Apple menu, open System Preferences and click NETWORK.
- Toggle the “Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar” on and off. Leave it checked so the status is shown in the menu bar.
- Click Advanced to view the Wi-Fi tab.
- View the names of the different Wi-Fi networks to which you have previously connected.
- Close System Preferences.
- Use the Wi-Fi menu bar status icon to view available WiFi networks at your current location.
- Click and try to join another network. (Use the school district’s “Public” network , if available.)
- Open a web browser and try to visit a webpage. You may be re-directed to a login page which prompts you to enter an email address.
In the space below, write the names of at least two of the WiFi networks available in your current location. If only one or none is/are available, note that.
People who have earned this:
Don't see the badge submission field at the bottom of "task" pages? You must be logged in to earn digital badges. Don't have an invitation code to register on MacBookMaestro? No problem. Just request one by sending an @reply on Twitter to Wesley Fryer (@wfryer).